The Ung-Tisza-Túr-Sajó European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation with Limited Liability was registered on 08.01.2009 and brings together 6 settlements of the Hungarian-Slovak border section. The area of operatzion of the EGTC covers a total of 113,5 km2, in the regions of Cserehát and Nyírség. The total population of the Grouping is 4 008 people and it is based in Kántorjánosi, Hungary.
The objectives of the EGTC are the following:
- promoting cooperation between local authorities and various organizations on both sides of the Hungarian-Slovak border by strengthening economic, social and territorial cohesion;
- comprehensive social inclusion of the border region on the basis of partnership;
- implementation of territorial cooperation programmes co-financed by the European Community;
- establishment of a bi-national working organization with material and personal conditions suitable for the performance of the tasks of the Managing Authority;
- development and implementation of coordinated development programs ensuring the long-term sustainability of pilot model projects and subsequent programs.